Week 10
Sunday 11/1
Grace and I worked on creating our final video for our project on the Reality of Working Mothers. To begin, we developed a color palette.
After agreeing on colors, we were able to start developing some graphics for our final presentation. Below are some images of some of our illustrator files. I also included the storyboard again to give a reference as well as the outline.
Below are our illustrator files:













Overall I think you guys did really well in your project. You guys kept a consistent color palette throughout the video and the timing was well executed. One thing I would change though is when you use the half circle, instead of using a rectangle or whatever you used, I would create a path with the pen tool that follows the path of the half circle. From there use the trim path and the outline of the circle as the mask, that way it will look more smooth instead of it looking clunky. Also, I think it would of been more effective to use the typewriter effect with the letters instead of using a box and just moving it. Great job though!
ReplyDeleteGrace and Shannon,
ReplyDeleteI think you two were able to incorporate effective use of typography, graphics, and motion design into your final presentation. I also appreciate how much thought went into just the color palette. It worked well, and you stuck to it throughout the video. Additionally, you were able to bring to light a very prevalent issue in our society, and share statistics on working mothers without overloading us with information.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI feel that your group did a fantastic job! Your chosen color palette is eye-catching and visually appealing, your graphics/accompanying visuals supplemented your content effectively, and you successfully conveyed your data set's information to the audience in an easily understood manner. My only critique would be the abundance of white space, which isn't necessarily bad--I feel that some kind of accompanying background visuals could have added a little more flair, but aren't absolutely necessary.
ReplyDelete